If you’re headed for a party on Super Bowl Sunday consider taking along a plate of these Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms and I can almost guarantee they’ll be gone before kick-off!
Just be sure to refrigerate the prepared mushrooms until ready to bake and refrigerate the leftovers…if there are any. But trust me…I wouldn’t hold my breath on THAT!
- 2 boxes fresh crimini mushrooms (that’s all I had-but makes enough filling for at least FOUR boxes! And you can substitute white button mushrooms if you’d like.)
- 1/2 lb. mild Italian sausage (use whatever kind YOU like!)
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 1/2 yellow onion-finely diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic-minced
- 1 egg yolk (discard the white)
- 1/3 Cup White Wine
- 3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley, Thyme, Sage or whatever herbs you like